Unknown Colombia 2.0

Why Unknown Colombia

When I launched the blog back in 2017, I had the following things in mind:

  • Showcase the less travelled places in Colombia - places that do not exist in tourist maps

  • Travel to every single department and showcase its culture and differences

  • Travel by road wherever possible and document the route 

Between balancing a busy work schedule and managing household chores, and travel, I did not do justice to the blog. 

My gear or the lack of it

What I did not have back then was a proper shooting gear. My phone back then was a Moto Z  and I was ambitious enough to use it as the only equipment. While the device was not bad, it definitely was not the one supporting the blog.

Lost in time - Getting lazy

Down the line, interests change and I did not open the blog for a long time. Though I invested in a GoPro 7 and a Samsung Galaxy S10+, and I had accumulated tons of photo and video materials, I was waiting for a rainy day to restart and shape up that wanderlust spirit.


Fresh vision - Failed projects revisited

During this time, I also developed an urge of revisiting the past visited places and see them through fresh eyes. I wanted to document them my new equipment, complete failed projects and trips. One of my dreams was to relive the trips that I had planned and got lost, plan for new ones that were always on the back of my head. This made me make some memorable trips last year.

Unknown Colombia 2.0

The quarantine time gave me a moment of self realisation that unless I push myself forward, this engine will never launch. So here comes Unknown Colombia 2.0 like never before. I am going to make my best effort on this project,yet again.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valle de Tenza, Boyacá -

The Pillars of The Beach

The Beach's foreign traveller