Why Unknown Colombia exists?

Me

I have been in Colombia since end of 2013 and I have always been fascinated by the country. This country is a backpacker's paradise. Mind you, I am not a back packer. I am not a tourist. I am somewhere in the middle. I am a traveler.


Traveler Not Tourist

Traveler, not tourist is how I would describe myself. Why though? I am not particularly interested in traveling to the most touristic places however, being a history reader, I am more interested in visiting places that has a historical significance and by that extension cultural importance as well. So while I visit a place that could be touristic, I also visit places based on historical and cultural significance. These are some places that not a lot of people have heard of, and these places do not exist in the tourist maps of the country.


For example - I once got lost in a village called Colombia in the department of Huila in central Colombia. This was in 2017 and I challenged myself to repeat the trip in 2019 again, this time not to get lost and to complete it safe and sound. And I did. Now, how many people know of this beautiful little village in Colombia that is called Colombia.






Why Unknown Colombia

When you look for Colombia travel in the internet there are tons of websites that offer a varied perspective of the country. Then why Unknown Colombia?

I am not a full time traveler, I am not making a penny from this blog yet. I would describe this blog as a journey and an experience for those who for something different in the places that you look to visit. There is a term I heard some time before called as escape travel - A short travel escaping from the routine that you are in. This is where I want Unknown Colombia to be the ideal destination for your wanderlust.


I want to play my part in contributing to the local economy of this country that has been my home for the better part of the last decade.


Please join me in this journey to explore this beautiful country.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Valle de Tenza, Boyacá -

The Pillars of The Beach

The Beach's foreign traveller